Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Lonely Star

In the depth of the blue sky, 
Far away from the land, 
I live a life so lonely
Staring at the world beneath me.

One night while watching the beautiful world, 
I saw a dainty lass sleeping, 
She had the freshness of snow on her face
And warmth of innocence in her eyes.

From then onwards every night
I shined for her who was ever bright.
She once looked above and smiled at me.
That made me happy than ever.

Days passed, months passed.
I kept watching her serenity throughout the night.
But one night she was nowhere on earth
And I knew that she was no more alive.

The next night what I found was
A star ever brighter than me
Was shining at me in the sky
And I came to know that it was her.

She was with me, for the rest of my nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment