Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Beautiful Gift From My Angel

For a change, the Saturday turned out to be one of the best I’ve ever had in my life! Yeah, usually I hate Saturdays and a Saturday reminds me of a Sunday that’s on its way, which is equally boring.
What makes the day a happening one was the Annual Day Celebrations in my kid’s school.

She danced to the tune of the song that asks Govinda to flee (Go go go Govindaaa!!). My angel was just awesome. Among the kids who danced, it wasn’t difficult for me to spot her from a distance. The first thing I noticed is the movement of her hips that gracefully moved to the beats of the song. Without missing a single step, she, my girl, danced the whole song with a smile that showed how fearless she was and how much she loved what she did!


I went on watching the rest of the programmes performed by each class students and enjoyed each of them. I found myself getting goosebumps several times when the children performed so well. I got lost in the music, in the colourful attires each group wore and in the mesmerising dance moves they did with such charm. 

After about an hour, I got a call from my daughter’s class teacher asking me to pick her up from the school gate. I wondered why I was being called separately as it was announced that the parents were not supposed to go to the school gate to get their children unless it was officially announced at the auditorium. No announcement was so far made for the kids of her class. I told the teacher that I’m there in a minute, hung up and went to the gate.
Now here is the surprise. The teacher was waiting for me at the gate with my sweet little angel. The teacher handed her over to me saying that she complained that she isn’t well. I thanked the teacher and took my baby in my arms. The first thing she asked was “Did u see me dance? Did I do well? Did you like it?”. I said “Honey, you were awesome. I just loved your performance. The teacher says you are not well. What happened to you? Aren’t you feeling well?”. The response was a naughty smile that followed “Nothing Amma, I was feeling sleepy and was getting bored. So I thought I’ll tell the teacher I’m sick so that I can be with you soon.”

I was amused and with a surprised smile, I said “What??!! You’re too naughty! You aren’t supposed to lie to your teacher. This is bad. Hmmm don’t do that next time. Okay?” and walked with her to where my mom-in-law was waiting for us. I still had that smile on. My darling is as so mischievous, just like her mom, I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment