Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Yes, I kissed the rain!

It was dark. It seemed like the sun has gone into a lazy slumber early. The sky was gloomy enough as to break down on the lap of earth. The birds went to their nests taking the cue. Yes, it was going to shower.

I stood by the balcony of our apartment watching the hues of nature. The gentle breeze softly brushed me reminding me that I had forgotten to wear my dupatta. Naughty wind! I went inside and took my dupatta, wore it and stood there smiling at the sights on the street below.

As usual, I took my mobile n started watching the roads through the lens. Nature always looked beautiful from that angle. Even if the Bangalore roads were dusty or if you were watching a stray dog that waits for the next car to pass by so that it can chase the car, everything looked lovely through the camera.

As I got lost in admiring the sights below, my kid came up to me asking “Amma why is the sky dark?”. I said “Darling, it will soon rain. Come, let's stand here and welcome the rain!”. She got excited. It wasn't hard for me to match up to her thrill. We both were smiling and giggling when we heard a sudden roar.


Yes , it started raining heavily! She jumped with joy. “Amma move! You will get drenched! It's windy!”. I calmed her down “It's ok dear. I love to watch and feel the rain.” She stood there for a while and decided to go inside as she didn't want to get wet. I still stood there enjoying the rain, enjoying the fragrance of the earth and enjoying watching everything on earth come to life with the touch of the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment